Last week was no April fools. In the first 5 days of the month, 368 contracts were awarded in 47 states for a total of $414,815,821.60 – all under ONE construction NAICS classification 236220.
That is one amazing week.
It was lead by the release of Recovery Act Stimulus funds – but that isn’t the whole story…
- $107M went to Tocci/Driscoll Joint Venture with design services provided by Klingstubbins. The project is the Peter W. Rodino Federal Building in Newark, NJ and was a GSA executed contract spending Recovery Act dollars. That same GSA contracting officer is responsible for 318 construction contracts since he started in 2004.
- $55 M went to Grundley Construction out of Maryland for 12 different contracts ranging from $196k to $37M.
- 320 were less than $1M, 236 were less than $100k and eligible for Small Business Set Aside.
- 208 of these contracts never hit the street for public bidding opportunity.
More Recovery Act projects are scheduled to be released over the next two years in every region – on top of all the construction projects in the planning stages through 2015. There couldn’t be a better time to get in and expand your presence.
Sign up for "Friends of the Firm" updates here.
Latest posts by isiFederal (see all)
- 7 Days of #FedFrenzy - June 29, 2015
- Top Ten Websites for GSA Schedule Holders - July 27, 2014
- The CEO’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing–for Federal Business - March 3, 2014