The recently approved WOSB (Women-Owned Small Business) or as it is commonly being referred to 8m (gotta love the irony with that one huh?) is presenting some opportunities – but not the way you think. If you are expecting a real initiative with teeth, like the 8(a) program, chances are you will be waiting for a while. It will take years for the program to get up to speed, gain momentum and start carrying the political clout needed for real change.
So Should You Just Ignore It?
No way. Now is the time of real opportunity, to get in front of the line, to help mold the program and benefit from it TODAY. Don’t wait for the Contracting Officer (CO) to do it –- take it to them. This program can be VERY effective for you and a couple of your competitors.
Why in the World Would You Help Your Competitors?
Because it makes perfect sense.
If you can play nice in the sandbox with 2 or 3 competitors, you can request that the CO set opportunities of up to $5 Million in Manufacturing or $3 Million for other contracts where they will have at least two qualified submittals. Is this good for you? You bet- because it never sees the light of day for full and open competition. So why should the CO care? Do you think he or she wants 20-30 submittals any more than you want 20-30 competitors? No way. What’s in it for them is their job is done easier, faster and, oh by the way, that might even feel good about being the first to write a WOSB contract.
Now couldn’t be a better time.
Why? Because you can self register as a WOSB.
The 8m program is limited in its application for set-asides. We have identified the 83 industry areas wither the federal government has issued either underrepresented or substantially underrepresented by WOSB.
isiFederal Comprehensive WOSB Overview (Excel)
SBA 8m Program Naics List – Underrepresented
SBA 8m Program NAICS List – Substantially Underrepresented
WOSB (Women Owned Small Business) Compliance Guide_Jan2011
How to get registered…
REGISTER FIRST then, get ready to drive your 8m to the key Decision Makers. People buy from people they like, and isiFederal’s Market Intelligence will help you know who needs to like you!
This comprehensive package provides:
- Identify Purchasing Agencies currently using your products and services
- Research & Identify Contracting Officers responsible for purchase
- Report of total contracts won by primary competitors
- Complete list of all competitors
- Competitive analysis of primary competitors (up to three)
- Identify Top Purchasing Agencies
- Identify Top Contracting Offices
- Identify Top NAICS
- Breakdown by PSC
- Small and Small Disadvantaged Business breakdown
- Action plan for pursuit (groundwork for federal strategy)
If you want to be in the front of the line, winning business, you need to Order Now!
Latest posts by isiFederal (see all)
- 7 Days of #FedFrenzy - June 29, 2015
- Top Ten Websites for GSA Schedule Holders - July 27, 2014
- The CEO’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing–for Federal Business - March 3, 2014