Winning in the federal market is a matter of planning and positioning and right now your competitors have the upper hand – THAT CAN CHANGE! You will WIN when you start injecting your company as a key player with key decision makers who spend the money. During our 2020 Selling To the Government sessions we will be reviewing and discussing best practices on how you can do this:
1. Get Smart. How can you pursue federal buyers that you don’t even know who they are?. isiFederal’s Market Essentials is the best way to find the rest of the people behind the opportunities and prioritize them by activity within your sweet spot. Market Essentials provides you with the road map – specifically for your company – by identifying who matters most to you. Knowing this you can get moving and go after them. Need some help? isiFederal’s support team actively targets and pursues thousands of buyers every single month.
2. Identify Gaps. Every business needs help and 93% need some help with business development processes and activities. Where are your gaps and will it take for you to be successful? Dedication to the cause. isiFederal can quickly show you what it takes and what you need.
3. Budget. Did you know that the average successful small business federal contractor spends over $165k per year in federal marketing and business development? That’s right. There is nothing fast easy or cheap about winning federal contracts. If it was, everyone would be able to win federal contracts. Need some help? isiFederal provides dedicated representation for less than half of hiring someone on staff. We also provide inside and outside sales support so you can get in front of key decision makers.
4. Get Proactive. If you want to win, you better be going after your competitors’ buyers starting NOW. April through June is your chance to get positioned before the money is allocated for 2019 spending this September. Using creative ways to get in front of – and stay in front of – key decision makers will make the difference of whether you win or you let your competitors win. Need some help? isiFederal has several innovative ways to get you remembered as a subject matter expert so you get the attention you deserve.
5. Give Them the “WHY”. The fact is federal buyers already have relationships with your competitors and, for the most part, they are satisfied. What you are asking them to do is take money from someone they know, and give it to you instead. If that is going to happen in 2019, you better have the right answer to the “WHY”. Need some help? isiFederal can help you hone your message to what matters to THEM so they will understand WHY you are important.
6. Get Ahead of the RFP. Rule #1 is if you didn’t influence the RFP then your competitor did. Opportunities come from people, not FBO or even GSA eBuy. Did you know that most winnable opportunities are competed between less than 5 companies? You want to be one of the 5 and you get there by people liking you. Need help? isiFederal can provide you with the expertise to help you bridge the gap and save you hundreds of thousands at the same time.
7. Stay the course. Give yourself 24-36 months to develop traction and you will beat the vast majority of the competitors in the federal market. This is what the incumbents did – you can do it too! Need help? isiFederal provides support services that can save you hundreds of thousands of dollars and guarantee success within 18 months.
To be effective in 2020 you need to know about the market and fill the gaps in your resources and isiFederal can help you do exactly that. For more information visit www.isifederal.com or call 888-9-GET-isi (888-943-8474) and no matter what, please join us for our free monthly session “Selling to the Government” and get an understanding of what it takes to win federal contracts and how we can help.
Countdown to Fiscal Year Enddays180hours12minutes19seconds21
Explore the FedVine
- Federal Contracting
- Federal FAQs
- Fedvine Freebies
- Heard It Through the Fedvine: Guest Posts