According to Federal Procurement Data Systems (FPDS) 5,853,556 contracts were executed in FY2019. During the same time 75,770 solicitations on FBO were posted on FBO – that is 1.3% of all actions – Where are the 98.7%?
Let’s dig a bit deeper since some contract actions are part of IDIQ task orders and BPA calls where only contract holders can see. Fair enough, since the original solicitation may have been posted on FBO. The number is now 91% that never posted to FBO – Again where the rest?
Answer: Under the Radar
- Federal buyers have legal ways to limit competition.
- 4% of all contracts have less than FIVE competitors.
- 38% of all contracts only have ONE respondent.
The federal buyers who are choosing from FIVE qualified companies 76% of the time:
- Are buying what you sell from a competitor they trust.
- Are not picking up the phone or emailing you because they don’t know you.
- Think they are set with the people they like buying from.
- Will continue to think they are set unless you disrupt that pattern.
- Will only let you in when they conclude that you deserve to be one of the five.
Your Job: Prove you should be ONE of the FIVE.
Federal buyers buy from people they know, like and trust that are selling them the same products or services that you want to sell them. Just because you show up on GSA or even have an IDIQ doesn’t mean that you will win. This goes for 8(a) Woman owned HUBZone, SDVOSBs as well – and the numbers prove it. Your 2020 federal strategy needs to revolve around answering why they should let you in. And it can’t be your set-aside status – there are THOUSANDS of companies just like you and most are on the outside looking in, just like you.
Step 1 – Find the buyers (link to data.isifederal.com)
Step 2 – Proactively Market and Get in Front of the Buyers (link to govbrief)
Step 3 – Make your case that you deserve to be ONE of the FIVE (link to representation page)
isiFederal has researched and identified over 70,000 active buyers and we have innovative marketing solutions that will get you in front of the buyers so you can prove you deserve to be ONE of the FIVE.